Wednesday, February 23, 2005

The trouble with the photocopies

In order to apply for a Quebec selection certificate you have to provide certified photocopies of all the documents. Here in Spain it seemed impossible for us to get them, unless we were ready to spend something between 5 and 14 Euros per page to get them certified at the German or French consulate or at a notary. So finally we decided to drive up to France where, in my parent's hometown's town hall they certified us our stack of about 50 pages within a matter of minutes, for free! Before yesterday I went to my bank office to request a bank cheque in Canadian Dollars to pay the application fees. First they said "no, sorry, we can only make out cheques in USD", but after a short discussion and showing a printout from their website they said I can request the cheque over my online account, which I did that afternoon. I will check at the office today, normally it should be ready to be picked up. Now I still have to translate my resume in french and then I'll make a nice package to post to Paris in the next days.

No comments: